Thursday, December 9, 2010

Still Alive and Feelin' Ballsy. . .Well, Sometimes

It's been a long time since I've updated, I know.

For those of you who have patiently stuck around, you'll be happy to know (I know I am!) that I attended the last class of my college career today. Just one final exam next week, and then onto a new chapter!

I'm in the midst of finding a new place to live, and finding time to get some holiday shopping done. While shopping today, I had a topic come into my mind and I thought, “What a perfect opportunity to revive my poor, neglected blog.”

The topic of pain tolerance in spankos has been discussed many times before. I've heard a lot of spankees say that while they can handle a good amount of pain from a spanking, they're complete babies when it comes to other forms of physical pain (a stubbed toe, for example).

I'm the same way, but I've also found another dichotomy in myself: how adventurous I am in my vanilla life vs. my spanko life.

I'm not a risk taker. In most every situation, I quickly establish my comfort zone and remain there. Unlike the typical college-aged wanderer, I've lived in the same apartment for over half of my college career and have held the same part-time job for longer than that. I crave stability and thrive on list-making and plans.

As a spanko, I'm completely different. I get giddy about trying new things and pushing my limits. I'm fearless when it comes to trying new and scary implements. Going past where I feel comfortable in a spanking excites me. My stomach flips at the thought of spontaneously being turned over someone's knee.

It seems strange to me that my spanko self is most comfortable being uncomfortable, while my usual personality is so different from that.

Can any of you relate?

Also, a sincere THANK YOU to everyone who has voted for me as New Spankee of the Year. It has been a great year and I have all of you to thank. :-)

7 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you are a mid-year graduate. Congratulations. (Okay, slightly premature congratulations, but I'm confident you'll qualify for them in due course.) Is there a ceremony for December graduates, or will you wait until May to walk across the stage (if you're still in Colorado by then, and for the sake of your RealSpankings career, I hope you are)?

    For most careers, I'd say graduating in December gave you a head start/less competition in job-hunting. However, if you intend to be a teacher (and for privacy reasons, you may not want to tell us), they mostly recruit and hire over summer, don't they? I suppose they do need replacements for teachers who become disabled, or retire, during the year. And maybe working as a substitute (I bet they're always looking for those) is a good way to get your foot in the door with a district.

    As for risk-taking behavior, I can definitely relate, though not entirely in the positive manner you expressed it. I am risk-averse to the point of being timid, and conservative, and tightfisted, in almost all areas of my life except my kink-related behavior. But if the motive is spanking, I will let loose of money, and do things with which Queen Victoria would not have been amused, and take chances that I will not do for any other reason. Unfortunately, some of that risky behavior has been ill-advised -- I regret some of the specific chances I took. But that aside, I definitely agree -- I'm like a different person when motivated by spanking.

    Good luck on your last test and with the New Spankee of the Year vote.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie,

    Congrats on being {almost} finished with your degree. It has been awhile since you have blogged and it's good to hear from you. I've had a couple of life upheavals in the past couple years (ended a vanilla relationship of 20 years and my dad died), so I've been trying to be less risk adverse in general, but it has probably manifested itself most in spanking related things.

    Michael mentions regretting some of the risks that he took, but what's that saying..."You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs" {grin}

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoorah Sophie!

    Congratulations on your completion of studies, and getting ready for the next thing.

    You are hoping to be a teacher aren't you? Great job, (if I do say so myself...which I do).

    In my school, where I am Headmistress, it is against the law to smack the students. The staff on the other hand...

    ;-)

    Kirsten.
    (That's "Miss Ellison" to you!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael-
    Thanks! I'm waiting until May to walk, and I will still be in Colorado. Not sure it will be worth waiting to walk across a stage with thousands of others, but my family would enjoy it, I'm sure. :-)

    I understand and relate to your issue with being too conservative at times, to the point where I may miss out on worthwhile opportunities. That's why I'm thankful for our kink; it's my risk taking outlet!

    Mark-
    I've heard that saying, and I do think it holds a lot of truth!If only breaking eggs weren't so scary. . .

    It makes sense that you are less willing to take risks when bad things have come from doing so. You are due for some good, now. :-)

    Kirsten-
    Yes! My degree is in English, but I am also licensed in education (almost). It's great to hear something positive about a field which gets a lot of negative attention at times.

    Now, if only I can come across a principal who believes in that staff discipline. . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 11, 8, 7, 7, 4, 3, 1 -- at least it was a consistent trend (of posts by the month during 2010). If you ever return, I hope you will have tales of a new place to live, happy holidays, perhaps a new job you can't actually tell us much about, and ideally some spanking adventures. Including at least a tap or two from Danny for neglecting this blog! ;-)

    I hope you're doing well. If you've had the flu for a month, then I retract my playful teasing and substitute concern and sympathy.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophie ,happy new year lovey ,enjoyed your latest vid at realspankings,love and spanks ,tim xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW, in case you didn't know, your switching scene has been posted as one of an updated set of free video samples on RealSpankings. Betty posted a link to the sample page in the News area of the WSF. My, my, how lovely you do make that maid's outfit look! Lucky you didn't break an ankle in those heels, though! It's an excellent, highly enjoyable scene and I thank you for your part in producing it. Every time I see one of these I wish I could have spanked you longer in Vegas. Possibly hours longer. I am a selfish little so-and-so.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete