Thursday, August 26, 2010

Busy Bee Getting Stung!


I apoligize for not updating in quite a few days; school has officially started back up, and I wasn’t prepared for the rush of book buying and schedule rearranging! If I may just indulge in a mini rant for a moment: why is it that college textbooks are so damned expensive? It always puts me in a bad mood when I’m writing a $250 check for something I know couldn’t have cost more than 45 cents to produce in mass. And the professors are always telling us that we must get the latest edition, because there are some things added to it that haven’t appeared in the last, cheaper addition. Personally, I could care less if the chapters have slightly different page numbers. Like poor college students really need another way to waste money. Okay, rant over. :-)

This is actually my last year of college, so I suppose I should just enjoy this precious time before entering the real working world. I’ll try and let go of some of the stress. Speaking of letting go of stress, spankings are a great way to go about accomplishing that! So I of course have to make sure I make plenty of time for them. I am so, so, so excited about the upcoming Shadowlane party! Only one more week to go. I will have to take some of the advice of well meaning friends and be sure to pace myself throughout the weekend.

I just got home from a spanking shoot this morning, in which I was belted, caned, and paddled. I bent over to snap a picture of the results a few minutes ago, but the marks were already mostly faded. I guess it’s convenient that my bottom doesn’t hold marks for very long, but it would be nice to have proof of my spankings every once in a while! There is still a little redness to be seen, though. I’m no Erica Scott yet. ;-)
Also, please be sure and check out this wonderful interview I did with Suzy on her blog; I really enjoyed answering her questions and was appreciative of the lovely write-up she posted! Mr. M from RealSpankings also did a little intro post about me on his blog. I hope everyone’s week is going well!

6 comments:

  1. I hear you on the start of school and the cost of textbooks. My classes start next week (how convenient for Shadow Lane). And as for text books...I had a class last year which required a $70-some text book, and I think we had to read a chapter out of it. That is one of my biggest pet peeves as far as school goes.

    And as for next week, I'm definitely looking forward to helping you relieve some more of that stress. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can think of NO reason other than greed that college texts are so expensive. In a sense, it's a scam; college professors write texts and then require each other's texts for classes; "I'll require yours if you'll require mine." There's already a backlash, and if they keep abusing the students it will only get worse. Sharing texts; buying used texts (as you said, the new edition is usually almost identical to the old); pirating texts online -- I'm sure whatever ways there are to avoid the expense, they try to block them. I'm glad I went to college back when prices were reasonable. (Hmm, but I'm not especially glad to be OLD, except that it beats the alternative of being dead. What I wish is that prices had remained reasonable.)

    BTW, when you said addition (as in "latest addition"), you meant edition. Yes, I am being picky, but as a student of English and Elementary Education, you need to learn to be picky -- it'll be your job to find mistakes your students make.

    It's remarkable that your bottom does not mark badly or for long -- you are fair, and fair skin usually marks worse. When Michael Masterson, in his blog about the shoot, mentioned "welts on their bottoms that they will be feeling for weeks" (as well as other descriptions of a rather strenuous shoot), I worried that he had spoiled the party for you, so I am glad to know he didn't.

    By the way, the photo with which he illustrated his post, of you in the robe, open down the front, with the robe barely clinging to your left nipple enough to conceal it -- mmmmmm, that is hot!

    Thanks for the link to the interview; it was very interesting.

    I look forward to meeting you in person at Shadow Lane.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie yes text books are expensive i had a bookshop and gave students 10 percent off their books to help them ,gosh i miss my bookshop had it for ten years ,look forward to your next vid at real spankings and intstitute Betty gave you big spanks on your cute bottie ,love and spanks ,tim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meh -- who wants to be this Erica Scott anyway; she's too damned old. ;-D

    I wish I marked more too! Especially when I'm realllllllllly sore, but no one believes me 'cause there's no visual evidence of it. (sulk)

    See you VERY soon, pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris-
    Yes, I need some sweet stress relief! See you in just two days. :-)

    Michael-
    Thank you for pointing out that error, I try and edit carefully, but sometimes I miss things! Just one more thing I can be in trouble for at
    Shadowlane. See you there!

    Tim-
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed!

    Erica-
    Those silly Tops, not believing such an innocent person like you! I am soooo excited to see you in two days!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Spring semester comes to an end at least we can sell are books back for 1/10th the cost if even that! Anyways good article. Your innocent Aura and Spankable bottom will have me coming back for more!

    ReplyDelete